Sunday, April 25, 2010

We recently had a day off from school and decided to go to Cedar Hill State Park for a picnic.  I was so excited to see all the bluebonnets.  When B-Ri was a baby, we started taking him to get his picture in these Texas flowers.  Then it became a tradition that we did every year...until we moved to Muenster.  There I never saw a single bluebonnet patch.  So I was thrilled to get to take the kids' picture in the flowers.  They were very patient and cooperative.  I was proud of my little Texas cuties.  There was even a very big hill covered with bluebonnets that they wanted to climb up and down.  And yes, we even let them pick some of the flowers!  We are trying to press them to make an end of the year gift for their teachers.  We'll have to see how that goes, but A was very excited because they have been learning about all the Texas state symbols.  She even helped me make a centerpiece of "blubes" and those other (Oakie) flowers!  I'm glad to be able to have my bluebonnet tradition again!



The boys had fun going up and down "bluebonnet hill"!



I was so excited to get a good one...until I got home to see a tall weed covering E's face!


The best one was taken with a phone!  Go figure!



No comments:

Post a Comment