Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Play Ball!"

I think it was a foul ball.

Catcher

At bat....


B-Ri has been having a blast playing baseball this spring.  His team is made up mostly of his friends from school...all 3rd graders.  So far, they are undefeated and beating the other teams by a lot!  Not that that matters!!! ;o)  The boys are having a great time and learning the fundamentals of America's favorite sport!  B has played various positions...including shortstop, third base, left field, and catcher.  He even got to pitch last game.  That made me a little nervous, but he did ok.  I think he has played catcher the most, and he really likes it!  Last week, the umpire came over to the fence to find the "catcher's mom" to tell me that he was really good!  Very proud of him!  He has also just developed a love of the sport in general.  He and his buddies have been trading baseball cards at school, watching on tv (and in person), and he checks the sports section of the paper every morning for the latest scores and stats!  Looks like we are going to play summer league too...so I guess I'll keep buying the sunflower seeds and Gatorade!

No comments:

Post a Comment